Your home’s water quality is a significant factor that determines your family’s health, the condition of your plumbing system, and the longevity of your water-using appliances. If there are contaminants such as minerals, chemicals, or bacteria in your water, it can affect you in more ways than one.
With proper water purification, you can remove these contaminants from your water and derive a wide range of health- and cost-related benefits. As a leading plumbing contractor in Newburgh, NY, at Go Green Express Home Services, we can install, repair, or replace water filtration systems of all brands and sizes.
Having problems with hard water as well? We also offer water softener installation.
Whole-Home Water Filtration System Types
There are various types of filters that you can install to improve the quality of your water supply. Each unit type offers a unique solution, including:
- Charcoal filters, which are cost-efficient and highly versatile.
- Sediment filtration units that are suitable for cleaning well water.
- Water distillers for the removal of cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Ultraviolet cleaners that kill germs, viruses, and bacteria.
At Go Green Express Home Services, we generally recommend that customers install reverse osmosis systems, as this is the most suitable for the water supply in Newburgh. This type of filtration system meets most household purification needs and is ideal if you are on a pre-treated municipal system.
A reverse osmosis system features a semi-permeable membrane to remove contaminants. This membrane can remove most inorganic chemicals and contaminants, as well as microorganisms that can cause diseases.
Signs You Need a Water Filtration System Installation
If you don’t have the necessary testing equipment, it is not always easy to know if you need a purification system. However, there are several clear signs that you need a replacement. You need a new filter unit if the water coming from your tap:
- Has a bad taste or odor.
- Is cloudy.
- Stains or fades clothing in the wash.
- Causes mineral build-up on plumbing fixtures and surfaces.
- Has an oily film.
- Causes stomach-related health concerns.
We can provide you with a comprehensive range of water filtration system solutions.
Suspect that your water quality issues are related to pipe damage? Check out our pipe repair services.
The Most Common Filtration Problems
Like most other home appliances, a filtration unit is susceptible to defects. Below is a list of the most common purifier issues:
- Carbon filters can become ineffective as the result of irregular replacements.
- A reverse osmosis pump defect can cause low water pressure.
- An increase in the unit’s water usage.
- Filter cartridge issues can affect the water’s taste or smell.
These issues can be inconvenient, but you can prevent most of them with regular maintenance or a professional repair.