Water that is “hard” has a high mineral content, specifically calcium and magnesium. These minerals are not a health risk, but they typically cause sediment build-up and damage pipes and other plumbing components. The sediment crystals can also result in scale in your water heating element, which will increase your energy costs.
Hard water is a common issue in northern climates like ours. That’s why at Go Green Express Home Services, we offer whole house water softener solutions to customers in Newburgh, NY.
If mineral build-up has already damaged your plumbing, not to worry—we can also provide you with expert pipe repairs.
What Are the Benefits of Water Softener Installation?
There are several benefits to installing a whole-home water softener. These systems:
- Prolong the lifespan of appliances that use water, including clothing washers, coffee machines, water heaters, and dishwashers, among others.
- Eliminate the accumulation of minerals around elements, which ensures optimal energy efficiency.
- Solve issues with hard water stains and spotting on glassware and silverware.
- Help you get a rich lather from soaps and shampoos, optimizing the value you derive from these products.
- Reduce the formation of soap scum and drain blockages.
- Prevent the build-up of minerals in pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing components, which reduces repair and maintenance costs.
How Often Do You Have to Maintain Your System?
We recommend that you clean your system at least once per year. As one of the top water softener repair companies in Newburgh, Go Green Express Home Services offers certified and expert maintenance plans to ensure that your unit is always functional and optimally removes minerals from your water supply.
During the maintenance service, we carry out a thorough assessment and check for defects. If there are any potential issues, we will repair them. We will also add rock salt if the machine is running low, which often happens if your water has high mineral content.
Looking to improve the quality of your drinking water as well? Check out our water filtration services!
Signs That You Have Hard Water
The presence of minerals in your water supply is relatively easy to detect. Calcium and magnesium build-up will reduce your water pressure, cause your clothing to fade, and dry out your skin.
There will also be white spots on glass surfaces that come in contact with water, for example, windows that are close to your sprinkler system or your glass wear after washing them.