When You Need AC, Consider a Ductless Mini Split
The summer months can bring sticky days and sleepless nights. An air conditioner will help you enjoy the summer warmth without compromising comfort.
In addition to cooling the air, AC units filter out pollen, allergens, and other pollutants, reducing allergy and asthma flare-ups. Another aspect of air conditioning that gets taken for granted is that your home is more secure because you can keep windows and doors closed, which also prevents insects from getting in your home.
For when you really need AC but your situation is unsuitable for central air, the ductless mini split is the ideal solution. Learn all about the ductless mini split, why it might be the best option for you, and how to prolong the life of your AC.
About the Ductless Mini Split
Ductless mini split air conditioners are similar to central ACs, only they don’t use ducts. Instead, they have an indoor unit that spreads the cold air into each room. The air is cooled by a refrigerant that runs through coils that absorb heat from the air. There is an outdoor unit through which the heat pulled from the air within your home is dispersed.
The installation of a ductless mini split is pretty simple:
- Assemble and mount the wall bracket, then hang the indoor unit.
- Drill a 3.5” hole for the drain and refrigerant bundle.
- Mount the outdoor unit on a wall bracket, or secure it on a slab of concrete.
- Run the refrigerant bundle and electrical lines through the hole and connect according to manual instructions.
- Install remote mount and air filters.
Why You Should Pick a Ductless Air Conditioner
There are many benefits of using a ductless air conditioner:
- Easier to Install: If your home does not already have ducts, mini splits are cheaper and easier to install.
- Can Heat as Well as Cool: Since most ductless mini splits are heat pumps, you eliminate the need to have separate heating and cooling systems.
- Efficient Energy Consumption: Since they do not lose cool air due through ducts, ductless mini splits are more efficient, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Built-In Zoning: Each part of your house can have its temperature controlled individually, allowing for easy customization.
AC Maintenance for Homeowners
Wear and tear are inevitable with any appliance. However, there are some ways to extend the life of your ductless mini-split HVAC system:
- Keep the outside clean. Do not allow dust or debris to collect within the outdoor unit.
- Though this kind of AC needs less space than other systems, plenty of room still optimizes performance. Do not place any large furniture or art near it to allow efficient airflow.
- Clean or replace the filters regularly.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils. Check for bent coil fins and, if needed, a fin comb can be used to straighten them out.
- Have your AC system inspected and maintained annually by an HVAC technician.
About Go Green Express Home Services
Go Green Express Home Services is a company of dedicated plumbing and HVAC experts located in Newburgh, NY. After 43 years in business, they are the go-to company for all your heating and cooling needs. You can trust Go Green Express Home Services for competitive prices, timely and tidy service, and satisfaction guaranteed.