Slab leaks typically occur in the piping below structures, and they are not easy to detect. The continuous accumulation of water underneath your house can cause irreversible damage to its foundation. A home foundation leak can not only be expensive but also cause mold growth and health hazards over time.
At Go Green Express Home Services, we provide customers in Newburgh, NY, with reliable foundation leak detection and slab leak repair services. We offer superior results with outstanding customer service, fast turn-around times, and competitive prices.
From drain cleaning to whole-home plumbing installations, you can trust our team with all your residential and commercial plumbing needs.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Being aware of the most common slab leak causes can help to prevent them, especially during the construction of a new building. The origins of foundation leaks include:
- Improper pipe installation or the use of low-quality piping that is susceptible to corrosion and deterioration.
- Shifting soil under your foundation as the result of erosion or earthquake.
- A water pH level that is either too acidic or too alkaline corroding the pipes.
- Pipe friction against materials such as gravel, rock, or concrete.
- Aging piping or improper maintenance.
Indications of a Slab Leak
Foundation leak detection can be difficult if you don’t have the proper plumbing experience. However, there are several signs that you can look out for to determine if there is water leaking underneath your house.
- Your water bills increase steadily every month, despite the implementation of water-saving measures.
- You can hear the sound of running water, even if all taps are off.
- Hot or cold spots in some regions of your foundation—there may also be warm areas on the floor.
- Dampness near your home's foundation or on your floor.
- Low water pressure.
- Mold-growth on your flooring, for example, under your carpet.
If you notice any of the above, get in touch with our team today. Choose Go Green Express Home Services in Newburgh. We can help.
Have a severe, sudden leak? Take advantage of our emergency services—don’t let water damage take its toll.
What Does Slab Leak Repair Entail?
When it comes to slab leaks, we resolve the issues by following a specific process:
- Slab leak detection with proven methods that include testing and video camera inspection.
- After finding the leak, we open the slab and carry out a pipe repair.
- We install an epoxy pipe covering if the pipe has more than one leak.
- If the leak is a recurring issue, we will reroute the line to prevent the leakage from forming in the future.