Hudson Valley Energy Saving Tips
Increasing Your HVAC System’s Efficiency
What activity makes up nearly 50% of your monthly energy bills? You guessed it—heating and cooling your home. Naturally, you will want to get the most out of your HVAC system and do whatever you can to maximize its energy-efficiency.
Go Green Express Home Services is here to help you with that. It all begins with a home energy audit to evaluate your home’s energy consumption and determine how to reduce your usage and costs. It continues with the installation of a system that is right for the size and needs of your home. Accompany this with system maintenance, especially when it needs proper upgrades and timely service. Moreover, there are some practical energy saving tips that you can follow to further enhance the system.
To learn more about saving energy in your home, contact our Hudson Valley HVAC specialists at (845) 253-4053. We proudly serve clients in Newburgh and Orange counties.
How to Save Energy When Cooling Your Home
Low-cost cooling starts with a high-efficiency air conditioner that is designed to meet the demands of your specific home. It is also essential to ensure that your home is adequately insulated and weatherized. Having a programmable thermostat can also significantly increase your HVAC system’s efficiency.
Additional tips for reducing your energy consumption include:
- Use a house fan to increase circulation of cool air throughout your home
- Open windows for ventilation at night time
- Block out the sun with awnings and window coverings
- Use LED lights which produce less heat than incandescent bulbs
- Upgrade to high-quality insulation
- Reduce your use of appliances
- Ensure that your house is well sealed around doors and windows
- Figure out the best settings for your thermostat
- Maintain a minimum difference between indoor and outdoor temperatures
- Refrain from “trying” to cool your house faster by setting a thermostat on a colder temperature than usual (it doesn’t work)
- Keep heat-producing items like lamps and TVs away from your thermostat
- Have your ductwork inspected for leaks and resolve any issues
- Keep your HVAC system well-maintained
Make Your Home Heating More Efficient
When temperatures drop in New York, it is important to stay warm. This means rising costs in energy bills. As with AC systems, it is important to have a heating system with a high energy rating. There are also many energy saving tips that you can follow.
When it comes to heating your home, we recommend:
- Cleaning or replacing filters regularly
- Opening the curtains during the day to let the sun shine through
- Setting your thermostat no higher than 67 during the day and no lower than 62 at night
- Closing your curtains at night to retain the heat and block out the cold
- Using an electric blanket for only four cents a night
- Using a ceiling fan that is running clockwise to push warm air down
- Closing doors to unoccupied rooms
- Ensuring your registers or radiators are not blocked by carpeting, drapes, or furniture
- Using ventilation fans in the kitchen and bathroom sparingly to prevent heat from escaping
- Having your heating system tuned-up regularly
- Installing a heat pump in place of your furnace or heater
Let Us Help You Save Energy!
If you would like to replace your old energy-wasting equipment with a new high-efficiency system, call Go Green Express Home Services today. Our Hudson Valley HVAC technicians can also ensure that your system continues to run smoothly by providing routine maintenance and effective repairs.
For quality HVAC installation, repair, and service, or to set up an appointment for a professional home comfort analysis, dial (845) 253-4053 today.
Get the peace of mind you deserve knowing we can handle all your home comfort needs.
Certified & Licensed Technicians
All our technicians are highly trained and licensed to perform in all of our service areas.
Eco Friendly Services
We provide services to make your home cleaner, greener, and cost-efficient.
With the purchase of a new Central AC System. Call our team to get an estimate!Valid from Mar 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
50 Video Duct Inspections
Get a certified technician to perform a Video Duct Inspection today!Valid from Mar 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
For all your AC, Heating & Plumbing Installations. Claim this coupon and get a free estimate from our certified technicians!Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
89 18 Point Tune-Up
Coupon is valid for AC, gas furnace and boilers.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
125 Full Cleaning & Tune Up
For oil burners and furnaces. Includes nozzle, filter, strainer and efficiency test.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
150 A New Installation
Valid for heating or cooling installations.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
75 Water Heater
Save $75 on a new water heater installation.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019