Newburgh Energy Saving Tips
Increasing Your HVAC System’s Efficiency
What activity makes up nearly 50% of your monthly energy bills? You guessed it—heating and cooling your home. Naturally, you will want to get the most out of your HVAC system and do whatever you can to maximize its energy-efficiency.
Go Green Express Home Services is here to help you with that. It all begins with a home energy audit to evaluate your home’s energy consumption and determine how to reduce your usage and costs. It continues with the installation of a system that is right for the size and needs of your home. Accompany this with system maintenance, especially when it needs proper upgrades and timely service. Moreover, there are some practical energy saving tips that you can follow to further enhance the system.
To learn more about saving energy in your home, contact our Newburgh HVAC specialists at (845) 253-4053. We proudly serve clients in Newburgh and Orange counties.
How to Save Energy When Cooling Your Home
Low-cost cooling starts with a high-efficiency air conditioner that is designed to meet the demands of your specific home. It is also essential to ensure that your home is adequately insulated and weatherized. Having a programmable thermostat can also significantly increase your HVAC system’s efficiency.
Additional tips for reducing your energy consumption include:
- Use a house fan to increase circulation of cool air throughout your home
- Open windows for ventilation at night time
- Block out the sun with awnings and window coverings
- Use LED lights which produce less heat than incandescent bulbs
- Upgrade to high-quality insulation
- Reduce your use of appliances
- Ensure that your house is well sealed around doors and windows
- Figure out the best settings for your thermostat
- Maintain a minimum difference between indoor and outdoor temperatures
- Refrain from “trying” to cool your house faster by setting a thermostat on a colder temperature than usual (it doesn’t work)
- Keep heat-producing items like lamps and TVs away from your thermostat
- Have your ductwork inspected for leaks and resolve any issues
- Keep your HVAC system well-maintained
Make Your Home Heating More Efficient
When temperatures drop in New York, it is important to stay warm. This means rising costs in energy bills. As with AC systems, it is important to have a heating system with a high energy rating. There are also many energy saving tips that you can follow.
When it comes to heating your home, we recommend:
- Cleaning or replacing filters regularly
- Opening the curtains during the day to let the sun shine through
- Setting your thermostat no higher than 67 during the day and no lower than 62 at night
- Closing your curtains at night to retain the heat and block out the cold
- Using an electric blanket for only four cents a night
- Using a ceiling fan that is running clockwise to push warm air down
- Closing doors to unoccupied rooms
- Ensuring your registers or radiators are not blocked by carpeting, drapes, or furniture
- Using ventilation fans in the kitchen and bathroom sparingly to prevent heat from escaping
- Having your heating system tuned-up regularly
- Installing a heat pump in place of your furnace or heater
Let Us Help You Save Energy!
If you would like to replace your old energy-wasting equipment with a new high-efficiency system, call Go Green Express Home Services today. Our Newburgh HVAC technicians can also ensure that your system continues to run smoothly by providing routine maintenance and effective repairs.
For quality HVAC installation, repair, and service, or to set up an appointment for a professional home comfort analysis, dial (845) 253-4053 today.
Get the peace of mind you deserve knowing we can handle all your home comfort needs.
Certified & Licensed Technicians
All our technicians are highly trained and licensed to perform in all of our service areas.
Eco Friendly Services
We provide services to make your home cleaner, greener, and cost-efficient.
25 Water FilterValid from Jan 6, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
35 Hi Efficiency Air FilterValid from Jan 6, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
50 Duct CleaningValid from Jan 6, 2020 - Jan 31, 2020
100 Yearly Maintenance for your Heating System
Happy early Thanksgiving! We’re so thankful for our amazing customers. We are running a special of $100 off yearly maintenance for your heating system.Valid from Nov 11, 2019 - Jan 31, 2020
Save Up to $1500 In rebates from Central Hudson
When you install new energy-efficient heating and cooling systems.Valid from Nov 11, 2019 - Jan 31, 2020
125 Full Cleaning & Tune Up
For oil burners and furnaces. Includes nozzle, filter, strainer and efficiency test.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jan 31, 2020
150 A New Installation
Valid for heating or cooling installations.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jan 31, 2020
75 Water Heater
Save $75 on a new water heater installation.Valid from Feb 1, 2019 - Jan 31, 2020