Carbon monoxide poisoning, also known as CO poisoning, is a life-threatening illness that can happen in a matter of minutes. Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that’s toxic even at low levels, can cause permanent neurological damage at moderate levels and is deadly in higher concentrations.
In an effort to keep our customers safe, we offer expert carbon monoxide detector installation and replacement services in Newburgh, NY. At Go Green Express Home Services, our ultimate goal is to keep you and your family happy and healthy.
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Rapid response in a CO leakage emergency.
- Quality carbon monoxide detectors that keep your home or business safe.
- Highly skilled and trained staff, who understand CO testing and detector installation.
Are you in need of a new air exchanger in your home or building? Call us today for expert indoor air quality advice and products.
What Is a Carbon Monoxide Detector?
When fossil fuels like oil, gas, kerosene, wood, or charcoal burn, they produce carbon monoxide. This odorless gas becomes a danger when the equipment used to heat your home or business breaks down or is improperly ventilated, releasing ever-increasing amounts of CO.
CO detectors serve as a line of defense against carbon monoxide gas. They must meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL) standard 2034 to detect the gas and prevent long-term and short-term exposure.
Detectors work by sounding an alarm before the levels of carbon monoxide in the space becomes life-threatening.
At Go Green Express Home Services, we only carry high-quality CO detectors that meet UL standards to ensure that your home or business receives the adequate protection it deserves. Our professional technicians will install CO detectors at strategic places within your home or business, such as on the wall outside bedrooms or offices to alert occupants who are sleeping or working, respectively.
Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a silent killer that can poison you slowly over time or, at high enough levels, cause death within minutes. If you notice any of the signs below, take immediate action and call us to check your home or office.
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Impaired judgment and confusion
- Constant headaches
- Shortness of breath
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Nausea and vomiting
High levels of carbon monoxide can lead to a loss of muscular coordination, loss of consciousness, and death. Pets are also affected and may become weak and unresponsive—take your furry friends with you as you exit the residence or building.
If your CO detector beeps, act quickly. CO poisoning can result in long-term brain, organ, and heart damage, as well as death. Reach out to us immediately, and we’ll send an expert to attend to your CO emergency as soon as possible.
Looking to improve the air quality in your home? Call us today to learn more!
Carbon Monoxide Testing and Detector Installation in Newburgh, NY
Go Green Express Home Services is a top CO detection company in Newburgh, NY for a reason—we genuinely care about our customers. For carbon monoxide testing and detector installation services in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Putnam, or Newburgh, call us today.