Get a Home Energy Audit
|>> View Sample Report||>> Get Your Analysis||>> Still Have Questions?|
A Home Energy Audit is the place to begin when evaluating your home’s overall energy efficiency and reducing consumption. An energy audit takes into consideration much more than just your heating and cooling systems. It provides a benchmark from which to make decisions and measure your energy saving progress.
Here are some of the factors a home energy audit will take into consideration:
- Heating – boiler and hot water systems
- Air conditioning and cooling systems.
- Insulation in walls, floors, and attic.
- Vapor Barriers in walls
- Quality of Windows — Single or double pane
- Heat loss around doors and windows
- Quality of insulation in doors
- Integrity of ductwork “— Any leaks?
- Cleanliness of ductwork
- Use of “passive” solar energy
- Lighting fixtures and configuration
- Use of drapes and other window coverings to prevent heat loss
- Efficiency of heating and cooling systems — Condition of filters, etc.
Only an evaluation of your entire home will give you a clear picture of where you are losing the most energy, and what you can do to reduce your energy loss. Making your home more energy efficient involves an up-front cost, but the long-term savings will more than pay for the upgrades and make your home a more comfortable place to live!
We serve Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County, Putnam County and Rockland County, NY.