Green Tax Credit and Rebate Information
For qualified energy-efficient product or renewable energy system purchases that reduce your electricity and natural gas use, there are credits and rebates available from the Federal Government and your local utility company.
We’ll help you get the maximum rebates and tax breaks available. Contact us to learn more. We also provide financing options.
Federal Tax Credits
Taxpayers who purchase qualified residential energy-efficient heating, cooling and water-heating equipment may eligible for a tax credit. The credit is equal to the full cost of the equipment up to the following caps:
- Advanced main air circulating fan: $50
- Natural gas, propane, or oil furnace or hot water boiler with an annual fuel utilization rate of 95 or greater: $150
- Electric heat pump water heater with an energy factor of at least 2.0: $300
- Electric heat pump which achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency: $300
- Central air conditioner which achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency: $300
- Natural gas, propane, or oil water heater which has either an energy factor of at least 0.82 or a thermal efficiency of at least 90 percent: $300
For more information about your energy and tax-saving options, speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives by calling 866-491-2768 today.
Local Utility Rebate Programs
Local utility companies have incentive and rebate programs for customers who reduce their electricity and natural gas use.
- Financial incentives and rebates to encourage energy efficiency are now offered through state programs funded by the System Benefits Charge found on your energy bill.
- Gas Heating and Water Heating Equipment NY – Replace your old, inefficient gas heating equipment with new high-efficiency systems and get a rebate from O&R. Most important, you’ll save significant energy and lower your bill every heating season.
- Easy rebates – What do you have to lose? Up to $600 and the money saved when your energy use drops.
- Air conditioner recycling program – Get a rebate good for $50 to $100 when you recycle your old window or through-the-wall air conditioner and upgrade to an Energy Star rated unit.
- Finally time for central AC? – Earn a rebate up to $600 for a new cooling system.
- Natural gas rebates for homes – Rebates up to $700 on energy efficient heating equipment for your home.
- Natural gas rebates for businesses – Rebates up to $1,200 on new, energy efficient natural gas furnaces and boilers for your business.
- NYSEG has incentives for customers who reduce their electricity and natural gas use. They are funded through the System Benefits Charge that appears on all customer bills.
- State and federal incentives are also available for energy efficiency improvements. Visit NYSERDA’s Get Energy Smart site or learn about Federal Tax Credits at the EnergyStar site.
Get More From Your Energy Savings
To achieve the maximum in total home comfort and energy savings, we recommend that you step back and look at the big picture of energy consumption in your home. The fact is, your total home comfort and efficiency is the product of many systems: heating, cooling, lighting & electrical, plumbing and possibly others working together. It is the interplay between these systems, combined with the size, age, physical features and location of your home, and even your lifestyle, that combine to produce the total energy efficiency of your home. Changing or upgrading one system, without considering the other factors will usually result in some improvement, but may not deliver the maximum possible benefit.
Conduct a Home Energy Audit
The place to begin when evaluating your home’s overall energy efficiency and deciding how to reduce consumption and costs is with a Home Energy Audit. This takes into consideration much more than just your heating and cooling systems, and will give you a benchmark from which to make decisions and measure your energy saving progress.
For more information about your energy-saving options, speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives by calling 866-491-2768 today.