Every air conditioning unit has evaporator coils that keep the air in your home at a comfortable temperature. Evaporator coils are system components where the refrigerant absorbs heat—in other words, where the air cools down. This component is integral to the functioning of your air conditioner.
At Go Green Express Home Services, we aim to be your go-to provider for a wide range of services in Newburgh, NY, including AC evaporator coil cleaning, repairs, and replacements. Our technicians have extensive experience in AC solutions with a customer-oriented approach to service delivery.
Our AC maintenance services include everything you need to ensure optimal indoor air quality.
Signs That You Need AC Evaporator Coil Repair
Detecting the cause of coil defects is only possible after a professional assessment of the component. However, there are several tell-tale signs that you may need a coil repair.
- Warm air: The primary function of an evaporator coil is to reduce your home’s indoor air temperature. If the air coming from your AC vents is warm, there is a high likelihood of a coil issue.
- Frozen coils: When warm air collides with cold coils, it results in high moisture levels. The moisture can attract bacteria, dust, and other contaminants, and the component will need a cleaning service.
- Increases in your utility bill: If the evaporator coils are defective, your AC has to work at a higher intensity to maintain the pre-set temperature level. The result is higher energy consumption and an increase in your energy bill.
Should You Repair or Replace?
In the case of a coil malfunction, you may naturally prefer a repair. However, in some cases, an evaporator coil replacement may be a more cost-effective option. A replacement is a better option in the following conditions:
- The defect is recurring.
- Your indoor air temperatures fluctuate.
- Your AC system is older than fifteen years.
- The repair is extensive and expensive.
- Your air conditioner keeps leaking.
Replacing the coil will not only save you future repair costs, but it will also improve your entire cooling system’s energy efficiency and prolong its lifespan. At Go Green Express Home Services in Newburgh, we’ll always be honest with you about the best option for your situation.
Experiencing frequent coil failure? It may be time to replace your AC unit entirely.
Benefits of Routine Maintenance
Routine evaporator coil maintenance is crucial to ensure that your coils are always functional and at an optimal level of efficiency. Scheduling regular services will also prevent malfunctions and other potential issues such as bacterial growth, leaks, and frozen coils.
Evaporator coil maintenance is an integral part of our AC maintenance solutions and is the ideal solution to save you on cooling costs over the long-run.